What do Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers do?
Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
- Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
- Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply departments to serving counters.
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
- Carry trays from food counters to tables for cafeteria patrons.
- Replenish supplies of food or equipment at steam tables or service bars.
- Run cash registers.
- Wash glasses or other serving equipment at bars.
- Garnish foods and position them on tables to make them visible and accessible.
- Carry linens to or from laundry areas.
- Stock refrigerating units with wines or bottled beer or replace empty beer kegs.
- Mix and prepare flavors for mixed drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit used to garnish drinks.
- Stock vending machines with food.
Related Jobs (Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers)